Bespoke 3D printing consultancy
Our industry-leading engineers and designers will guide you through each aspect of the design and manufacturing process, tailored specifically to your manufacturing goals. You can consult directly with our in-house team of Additive Manufacturing experts to understand and maximise the use of AM during your product development lifecycle.
1. Understanding your issues and aims
We consult with clients in advance to ascertain the contribution this service can make towards resolving issues and pitch outline proposals. These plans form the basis for the contracted procedure, if the proposals are accepted.
- Initial meetings are conducted to ensure proper information management in accordance with a non-disclosure agreement.
2. Available solutions
We will send an engineer to your site to analyse the production site conditions by examining the manufacturing processes and interviewing staff. These results are used to identify areas of improvement expected from 3D printing, and an action plan is formulated.
3. Production line management
From recommending the ideal 3D printer (with model output and on-demand production also possible) to deploying the fabricated jig and improving operations, Ricoh work closely with customers to ensure that improvements are implemented effectively and efficiently. We also have starter packages to help clients with little or no experience of 3D printing or CAD (computer aided design) to help them get up and running.
- 3D printing can optimise the size, weight and functionality of production tools such as jigs and increase work quality and production efficiency.
- Can highlight production process bottlenecks and the effects of improvement plans, giving a new perspective to review the entire production process.
- Will not only increase operational efficiency, but it can also be expected that on-demand production of jigs, parts and final products will reduce the time and cost of stock control processes.
- See the following Case Study for more information.